• High pegging vs high hand   45 weeks 2 days ago

There are two distinct parts of playing cribbage. "pegging' and counting your hand, or the "show" The program is showing you what the top scores were in each part of the game.

• 'Go' scoring with three players   45 weeks 2 days ago

I think you might have meant that C said the second Go. Regardless the answer is NO. You only get one point once for being closest to 31 without hitting 31 exactly. All players must say go before that person claims their point.

• Cribbage rules   45 weeks 2 days ago

I guess your question, is if the dealer makes a mistake and 'doesn't deal" do they also get a crib. The answer is no. Only the dealer that deals the cards gets the crib. Be careful though, there might be times where it is advantageous NOT to be the dealer (especially in end game scenarios).

• "Strategy Crib" board   45 weeks 3 days ago

We always suggest that the scoring player gets to decide if points are earned at the same time.

• "Strategy Crib" board   45 weeks 3 days ago

Think of it like the weird offspring of cribbage and chutes/ladders...

• Cribbage rules   45 weeks 3 days ago

It is my understanding that the dealer loses the deal (and thus the crib) if they misdeal.

• impossible scores   45 weeks 3 days ago

3 fives = 15 also

• Zero-scoring cribbage hand   45 weeks 4 days ago

Without considering one of the cards in your hand, if you have three sixes in your hand and a six is turned up, how many points is that? People I play with are insistent it is only 12 points. However, I think it counts three runs of six which would make it 18 points. Do you know the correct answer?

• Cribbage rules - winning the game   45 weeks 5 days ago

Hi,

Could find anything on your pages about scoring a point for last card. Please could you clarify when you score a point for last card?

Cheers dan

• "Strategy Crib" board   46 weeks 3 days ago

We have a few on this page: https://www.cribbageguy.com/unique_unusual/

Not original, but made to order - continuous and tournament style!

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   46 weeks 6 days ago

I was wondering what happens when somebody renags do they lose points

• Cribbage rules - example hands   47 weeks 4 days ago

Your lovely lady is right !

• scoring runs during play?   48 weeks 3 days ago

Ok here is my example
    I play a 4, my opponent plays a 4 and then I play another 4
    How many pegging point do we each get.

• "Strategy Crib" board   48 weeks 6 days ago

What is a Strategy Board?

• Cribbage etiquette   49 weeks 5 days ago

My wife and I disagrees with me in that I understand that if I concede when defeat is unavoidable after a hand and count on her deal that I then have the first deal in the next game. As I write this I am also, point 2, I am assuming the deal remains in order at the conclusion of a game.

OK, for those in the know, Q: 3, I was taught that if an opponent short counts ther hand and pegs their points I can point out the shortfall and claim them. These were my granfather's rules I have played to since the early 70's.

BTW - excellent blog!g

• impossible scores   50 weeks 1 day ago

Hi everyone. Could someone clarify a hand for me, as in sure I actually scored 19 in my hand and can't see what I'm missing.
    Hand was K-spades, J-hearts, 5-clubs, 5-diamonds and turn card was 5-hearts.
    So I scored it as 15:12, 3x5's for 6, plus 1 for J-hearts, scoring 19.
    Confused.

• Cribbage rules   50 weeks 5 days ago

If the dealer miss deals, does he miss his crib?

• Facts about cribbage   1 year 2 days ago

also referred to as a "Steely Dan" crib for their hit song, "Hey Nineteen"

• Cribbage rules - example hands   1 year 3 days ago

The 3 2's create 3 pairs worth 2 points each for 6 points.

The A & K can be added to each pair to make 15 for 2 more points for each pair, so this is another 6 points.

Total Score: 12 points

Good Luck!

• "Strategy Crib" board   1 year 5 days ago

The rules do not specify how you take the points, but typically they are taken together. If taken separately, you should take the run first and then the 15, either way it needs to be accomplished before your opponent lays down another card. www.cribbage.org for rules

• Cribbage rules - example hands   1 year 5 days ago

You have 12 points there. Three 15's and three-of-a-kind.

• "Strategy Crib" board   1 year 2 weeks ago

if anyone has a set of original rules they might be able to answer this question for me. If a run and a 15 occur at the same time during pegging e.g. 4 then 5 then 6 for 15, is the run scored first or the 15? or is it scored as 5?

• "Strategy Crib" board   1 year 2 weeks ago

i do if your still interested. jmy999@gmail.com

• "Strategy Crib" board   1 year 2 weeks ago

If you are interested in purchasing a Strategy Crib board contact me via email at jmy999@gmail.com

• Cribbage rules - example hands   1 year 3 weeks ago

What is the correct score for "ace-2-2-2 & k cut"