• Cribbage rules - the play   27 weeks 5 days ago

Flushes are only scored while you count hands, not while pegging. Rules can be found at www.cribbage.org

• Please score this for me   27 weeks 5 days ago

the 4 does not help you.

Three different pair of 3s + the 9 = three 15s for 6.
    The three different pair of 3 equal 6 in pairs.

Total 12.

• Please score this for me   27 weeks 5 days ago

In your hand you must be holding 4 of the same suit for a 4 card flush. Five if the up card too. In the crib is must be all five for the flush.

• Please score this for me   27 weeks 5 days ago

8 + three 7s is 15 for 6
    Three pair of 7s plus the ace with each one is 15 for 6
    The pair of 7s is 2 pts each for 6

Total 18.

Where might the 24 come from? Did I miss something?

• Please score this for me   27 weeks 5 days ago

Two 6s + the 3 = 15 for 2
    Two other 6s + the 3 = 15 for 2
    The last two 6s + the 3 = 15 for 2

Three 6s is three pair of 6s for 2 pts each.

Total 12 pts.

• Please score this for me   27 weeks 5 days ago

3 + two aces, 3 + two other aces, 3 + the last two aces all constitute 5s. Each going with the jack makes 15 for 2 three times for 6 pts.

The 3 aces make 3 separate pair of aces for 6 pts for a total of 12 pts.

• How do you score this instance in pegging?   27 weeks 5 days ago

While they are played in a disjointed order these cards: 2,3,4,5,6,7 constitute a 6 card run. Never seen that one before. Congratulations.

• impossible scores   27 weeks 6 days ago

You get 30 points indeed. But you don't get to say you have a 30-point hand.

You have for 5's.

When the Jack is turned, you score 2 points for His Heels.

Then you play and peg.

Then everyone counts their hand.

As dealer, you count your hand last, and your hand is worth 28 points.

So you did score 30 points total. But the hand itself is 28.

• Scoring a hand   27 weeks 6 days ago

4+4+4+3=15 for 2, there are 4 ways of doing this so 8 points
    Double pairs royal (6 distinct pairs of 4's) make 12 points.

• Scoring a hand   27 weeks 6 days ago

4 (count=10)
    5 (count=15) is 3 for the run + fifteen-2, total 5 points
    6 (count=21) is 3 for the run (last three cards played make a run)
    4 (count=25) is 3 for the run (last three cards played make a run)
    5 (count=30) is 3 for the run (last three cards played make a run)

• Please score this for me   27 weeks 6 days ago

Three different ways of making 6+6+3=15, that's 6 points
    Three different pairs of sixes (pairs royal), that's another 6 points. Total 12.

• scoring runs during play?   27 weeks 6 days ago

I stand corrected, yes only when everyone has said Go and the count returns to zero is when the sequence gets broken.

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   28 weeks 2 days ago

74536

• impossible scores   28 weeks 4 days ago

Why can't you get a 30 in crib?

This baffles me.

Say I am dealing.

My hand has 4 5's in it.

I turn any Jack.

Isn't that Jack worth two points to me?

That would give me 30 instead of 29.

It is the same hand anyway you look at it.

Have I been playing wrong all of this time in counting 2 points for turning up the Jack?

• Cribbage rules - the go   29 weeks 10 hours ago

I play a 10, opponent plays a 5 for 15+2. I play another 10. Can I score 2 points for 15?

• Please score this for me   29 weeks 6 days ago

Is it a flush if you have let's say 3 diamonds and a club in your hand. The starter card is also a diamond. Does that count as a flush? This isn't the crib.

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   30 weeks 1 day ago

Well that's an easy one.. Her hubby probably had a 10 value card in his hand left and since the score was 22, he couldn't play.... Let's say he plays a 2, she plays a 10, he plays another 10 value card, to make it 22, and then he can no longer play for that hand because all he has are 10 value cards left.... Simple...

• How to score this hand?   30 weeks 6 days ago

how do u count 3 aces a 9 and a 4

• Scoring a hand   31 weeks 23 hours ago

• Scoring a hand   31 weeks 23 hours ago

4 4 4 4 3

• Cribbage rules - the basics   31 weeks 1 day ago

I’ve been playing cribbage for years and I was taught and continue to play the opposite way. When you’re the dealer, you offer your opponent the option to cut, which the opponent may decline if they wish to. I was never taught the two-point penalty for not offering the cut as a dealer. Looking at the bottom of the cut without penalty - learned that also, though I don’t play that way anymore.
    Twisted and bent rules - perhaps I guess. *shrugs*
    It’s not surprising that I was taught differently, given 400+ years of global cribbage history.

• Please score this for me   31 weeks 2 days ago

What constiTues a run someone plays a 5 next person plays 3 next person plays 6 next person a 4 does this count as a run

• Please score this for me   31 weeks 5 days ago