• Counting points   7 years 48 weeks ago

You are quite right. You can only count any given cards once. It doesn't matter if you arrange them in a different order, they are still the same cards, and they can only be used once in each combination to make 15.

By contrast, if you had, say, 6-6-3-3, then you could make 15 two ways: once with each of the 3s. You can use the 6s again this time, so long as you combine them with a different 3.

• "corners" on the cribbage board   7 years 49 weeks ago

Ok,
    I am a bit confused about scoring the go. I will present a couple of sample hands, could someone tell me if i am scoring them correctly?
    ****Hand One
    Me: lay down 5, count is 25
    Opponent: Go
    Me: lay down 3, count is 28
    Me: lay down 2, count is 30
    Do i peg one only for the go, or 2, one for the go, then one for the next go
    What if the 2 was a 3, making the count 31, would i peg 2 or 3
    *****Hand 2
    Me: i lay down a 10, count is 30
    opponent: Go
    Me: i can't play
    Do i get a point for the GO?

• Free cribbage board templates   7 years 49 weeks ago

I have been fortunate to be dealt 2 29 hands in the last year.
    The first was very conventional and was acknowledged by all.

The second was dealt to me and the hand was played, but my wife had first count and closed the game out. She contends that since I did not get to count the hand that it does not officially count as a 29 hand.
    I contend that the hand was dealt and played and the fact that I was unable to count it was irrelavant.

I will be intersted in hearing form your constituents.

SRL in Michigan

• "Strategy Crib" board   7 years 49 weeks ago

There is limited information from the U.S. Trademark office. Daniel Blain from Ontario Canada had applied for a trademark, but it was abandoned and labeled as "dead". Here is the info I found at http://www.uspto.gov/

Trademark #73643344

BLAIS, DANIEL V.
    1720 SMITHERS CRESCENT
    ORLEANS, ONTARIO K1C 3X4
    Canada

• The 29 hand in cribbage   7 years 49 weeks ago

I was playing a game with a friend and we ended up having the exact same hand! What are the odds? Actually, we had 5 of the 6 cards dealt the same (i.e. 4,5,6,7,8,9 & 3,5,6,7,8,9), but we discarded the odd one and were both left with 5,6,7,8. What are the probability of that happening?

Thanks,
    Cal

• Counting 4-4-4-3-3   7 years 49 weeks ago

the count would be 24, fifteen 12 once you make all the possible suit combinations with the threes plus 12 for the four of a kind
    heart = club

3-3 2 points
    5-5 2 points
    3+3+4+5 = 15 2 points
    3+3+4+5 = 15 2 points
    that is a total of 20 points

• Can you go over 31 in the play?   7 years 50 weeks ago

"How many 15's are in this count. I count 15's twice but I am told that you can only count the 3 cards one time. Is this true? My problem is if there was a third 6 that there is 3 15's. Why can I not count 2 15's with the 2 6's? "

I presume you are talking about counting the hand at the end of play. In that case, let's say you have 6-6-3-10 with K as your up card. This hand counts as 15-2 (6-6-3) and a pair for 4 (6-6). Remember, you are counting the UNIQUE combinations of cards adding up to 15. Let's look at your other example:

Hand is 6-6-6-3 with a K up card. It would help to label the cards, like so:
    6S-6D-6C-3H, KS (Spades, Diamonds, Clubs, Hearts)

This hand counts as 15-6 and a triple for 6 more, for a total of 12 points in the hand. You can make 15 like so: 6S-6D-3H, 6S-6C-3H, 6D-6C-3H. Counting 6S-6D-3H and 6D-6S-3H as two combinations does not count; they are the same three cards.

• Cribbage games for Mac OS X   7 years 50 weeks ago

The best cribbage game by far for Macs is GrassGames' Cribbage:

• Free online Cribbage Game   7 years 51 weeks ago
    Wow

This game sucks to log into, from the beginning that is.

• Free online Cribbage Game   7 years 51 weeks ago

I learned from my father who learned from his great grandmother so I have to feel that it is in my blood.....

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   7 years 51 weeks ago

can you tell me how to score a hand of 2,3,3,7?

• Cribbage rules   7 years 51 weeks ago

How do you score the "go" if you're playing four person cribbage if you're paying teams? If each player can't play their cards does it just continue to go around and each person pegging 1 point until it lands with the player who originally played the last card to restart play? I hope I'm not confusing with my explanation. Thanks for the help.

• Cribbage rules - the go   7 years 52 weeks ago

someone plays all of his cards before the other person...does the person get a GO after each card??

• Can you go over 31 in the play?   8 years 19 hours ago

Juli in Seattle

• Facts about cribbage   8 years 2 days ago

What is the Point value for 3-3-4-5-5?

• Cribbage rules   8 years 2 days ago

In a recent close game my opponent picked up my crib, counted it and put it back in the stack of cards. I can not find a rule that states he can't touch my cards, where can I find the rule that applies.

• Android cribbage apps   8 years 1 week ago

Just wanted to drop a quick note here that we have just released another update to the Cribbage Pro game for Android. Check the blog for a post on some of the details, but the major add is the new manual counting and muggins options.

Enjoy!
    -- Josh

• Free cribbage   8 years 1 week ago

Here is a free online Cribbage game that I am developing. I have labeled it Crazy Cribbage as it has some really crazy options you can turn on to make game rather interesting.

It can be found at http://www.crazycribbage.com

• Five player cribbage   8 years 1 week ago

Here is how I play with 5 players:

There are 3 teams, 2 teams of 2 players and 1 person that plays solo but ALWAYS gets the crib. Deal rotates normally from player to player but the solo player always get the crib.

So you have to have at least 3 lane cribbage board.

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   8 years 2 weeks ago

Opponents are basically five points from the finish and starting to count their cards in the '31' play. If an one player scores 6 points, is he allowed to peg out at this point?

• scoring during the play   8 years 2 weeks ago

No, all sequences are reset with the count, so runs and pairs cannot carry over.

• Scoring 3-4-5-6   8 years 2 weeks ago

Do you have the option of counting 2 runs of 3? 3,4,5 and then 4,5,6 add that with 15-2 for a total of 8 points?

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   8 years 2 weeks ago