• Android cribbage apps   7 years 10 weeks ago

Just wanted to drop a quick note here that we have just released another update to the Cribbage Pro game for Android. Check the blog for a post on some of the details, but the major add is the new manual counting and muggins options.

Enjoy!
    -- Josh

• Free cribbage   7 years 10 weeks ago

Here is a free online Cribbage game that I am developing. I have labeled it Crazy Cribbage as it has some really crazy options you can turn on to make game rather interesting.

It can be found at http://www.crazycribbage.com

• Five player cribbage   7 years 10 weeks ago

Here is how I play with 5 players:

There are 3 teams, 2 teams of 2 players and 1 person that plays solo but ALWAYS gets the crib. Deal rotates normally from player to player but the solo player always get the crib.

So you have to have at least 3 lane cribbage board.

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   7 years 11 weeks ago

Opponents are basically five points from the finish and starting to count their cards in the '31' play. If an one player scores 6 points, is he allowed to peg out at this point?

• scoring during the play   7 years 11 weeks ago

No, all sequences are reset with the count, so runs and pairs cannot carry over.

• Scoring 3-4-5-6   7 years 11 weeks ago

Do you have the option of counting 2 runs of 3? 3,4,5 and then 4,5,6 add that with 15-2 for a total of 8 points?

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   7 years 11 weeks ago

How would you score this hand: In hand 5, 7, 8 ,8 and the starter card is 6

• Double 4-card run   7 years 11 weeks ago

It's a perfectly good point. You could argue the same about a 4-card run with no doubles: should it be scored as a 4-card run, or two overlapping 3-card runs?

However, as you rightly say, this doesn't happen in Cribbage. 4-card runs are scored as 4-card runs. That's just the way it is!

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   7 years 12 weeks ago

Let's see if I have the hang of this: looks like the 3 7's are worth 6, and then each pair of 7's with the A gives you 15 for another 6. I think you have 12 points there Pat!

• Cribbage strategy   7 years 12 weeks ago

You're quite right, well spotted :)

• Cribbage rules - example hands   7 years 12 weeks ago

WHAT IS THE COUNT WHEN YOU HAVE 3455 AND A 5 CUT. I THINK 24 MY LOVELY LADY THINKS 17

• Cribbage rules - the play   7 years 12 weeks ago

Yes, your parntner gets 3 points for the run of 7, 8, 9, the last 3 cards played where the sequence was not broken. And the 2 points for 31. If 8 or 9 were played first your partner would be out of luck because the first 7 played would have interrupted the second sequence.

• Cribbage strategy   7 years 12 weeks ago

... this is wrong:

Opponent: Q (10)
    You: 5 (15-2)
    Opponent: J (25-2)
    You: 6 (31-2)

How is a Q-5-J worth 2 points?

I think you meant:

Opponent: Q (10)
    You: 5 (15-2)
    Opponent: J (25)
    You: 6 (31-2)

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   7 years 13 weeks ago

In the play for 2-handed cribbage:

Player 1 - 7
    Player 2 - 8 (15 for 2)
    Player 1 - 6 (run of 3)
    Player 2 - 8 Last Card 1pt but any points additional points for a run?

• Android cribbage apps   7 years 13 weeks ago

I think there's an app for the iPhone that is just the cribbage board, for those who like to play with real cards and just need to keep score. I'd like to see it ported to Android, with a focus on the artwork - a beautiful board is half the fun of cribbage.

• Cribbage etiquette   7 years 13 weeks ago

It's not an enforceable rule. You can count your hand however you like, but it seems good etiquette to count your hand a certain way if your opponent requests it.

Especially when playing with beginners it can be helpful to count this way, "15-2, 15-4..." and indicating the cards by pointing as you count them. Between experienced players and familiar opponents I'd say it's unusual. I would tend to count a hand by saying "15-6 and a pair for 2 is 8" or something similar. As my opponent is counting her hand aloud, I will count it silently and if we disagree, then we can double-check by counting it more carefully.

• Cribbage etiquette   7 years 13 weeks ago

I have played Crib for over 30 years and I have heard people count using the repeated use of the word 15 which always struck me as annoyingly redundant and very minor waste of time. We were not taught this way by our Dad and I have played many different people some who used this method - others who didn't. My preference is not to use this but I do count carefully and always show my opponent quite clearly where the points are and I'm happy to use the word 15 for clarification the very rare odd time. I don't mind if other players count this way but I have always chosen not too.

I am a very efficient person by nature and tend not to do things that do not require doing - however when playing golf I will always walk around my opponents lines before putting as walking on someone's line is a severe breach of golfing ettiquette.

I recently played Crib with someone however who insisted that we play using the verbal reference 15-2, 15-4, 15-6 etc... when counting our hand or we would not be playing together. We eventually agreed to disagree and ended up only playing the one game as a result.

I would hate to think that I was in the wrong and should have aquiesed and agreed to play "properly". I had simply never encountered this as an enforceable "rule" before ....

Is not saying 15-2, 15-4 akin to walking on someone's line before putting or something similar?

For some reason I find the repeated use of the 15's strangely off-putting.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

S.

• Antique Brewery Cribbage Boards   7 years 13 weeks ago

I don't have a photo, but I can describe the board...It is a smaller board, about 9 inches long and 4 inches wide. It had a light, gunstock finish, and had the words POTOSI BEER written in between the holes length-wise. Pretty non descript board other that the Potosi Beer.

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   7 years 14 weeks ago

If I have an 8, an A, and three 6's in total, do i score 2 points three times for adding up to 15 with each 8-A-6 combination for a total of 12 points (after adding the 6 points for the 3 of a kind)?

• Cribbage rules   7 years 14 weeks ago

WITH 4 PEOPLE PLAYING CRIBBAGE WHO CUTS THE CARD THAT WILL COUNT FOR ALL PLAYERS?

• Antique Brewery Cribbage Boards   7 years 15 weeks ago

Consider the orderr of play when player 1 has one card unplayed, and player 2 has two cards unplayed. Player 2 says go, and player 1 plays his last card and the played cards are removed. Now player 2 has two cards and player 1 has none. How does play proceed?

• Antique Brewery Cribbage Boards   7 years 15 weeks ago
    re:

Do you have a photo of the old board?

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   7 years 15 weeks ago

I hold 3 sevens and i ace. how do I count it.4 or six

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   7 years 15 weeks ago

the 8 points in a double-run are accumulated from 2x3-card runs (6 points) and a pair for 2 more. Looking at the K,Q,Q,J - Q hand, you would have 3x3 card runs (9 points) and a pair royal for the remaining 6 - a total of 15 points. Unless you get one more for the nob.

• Cribbage rules   7 years 15 weeks ago

Some wise guys state " if one is in the stink hole, they can only go out if they get one point". What malarkey , i say!!! what do the cribbage Gods say??
    I say it doesnt mnatter at all, get 2, maybe 6 off 3 of a kind, what does it matter??? i have never heard of such a thang in 40 years of playing.....i have consulted the bibles of cribbage and not a peep on the subject.. set the record straight, i submit to your wisdom.