• Android cribbage apps   7 years 27 weeks ago

Yes, the new Cribbage Pro for Android plays _much_ better than the other game. There have been several updates, and it plays better each time.

--Lance

• Android cribbage apps   7 years 27 weeks ago

Rejoice! There's now some competition in the Android cribbage market :D

Robert Milk kindly sent me a review of 'Cribbage Pro for Android', which I've added to the Android Cribbage page.

• The 29 hand in cribbage   7 years 27 weeks ago

...obviously I should have asked Professor Plum instead of trying to work it out myself.

• The 29 hand in cribbage   7 years 27 weeks ago

Thanks Lance, I wasn't thinking very clearly. More coffee needed!

I've updated the main Odds of a 29 hand in cribbage page to include this question and answer.

• Five player cribbage   7 years 27 weeks ago

Excellent, thanks Lance - I'll add that to the Cribbage variations page.

• The 29 hand in cribbage   7 years 27 weeks ago

No the odds are a bit tougher in a 3-handed game since you only have 5 cards to choose the requisite 4 cards from instead of 6 cards.

I started going through the math to prove this, but then realized that it's already been done here:

• Five player cribbage   7 years 27 weeks ago

Five and six player cribbage can be played, but I found it's just too many people. The play may not even come back to you after you start. I've had better luck with splitting into two games. 2, 3, and 4 player games are fine.

5-player: Requires two boards and everybody plays cutthroat (individually). 5 cards to each player who discards one to the crib, except the dealer who only gets 4 cards and plays with what is dealt.

6-player: Requires a 3-player board and everybody plays partners. 5 cards to each player who discards one to the crib, except for the dealer and his partner who only gets 4 cards and plays with what is dealt.

For completeness:
    3-player: Requires a 3-player board and everybody plays cutthroat (individually). 5 cards to each player who discards one to crib, and deal one more to the crib to make 4.

4-player: Requires a 2-player board and everybody plays partners/teams. 5 cards to each player who discards one to crib.

• Five player cribbage   7 years 27 weeks ago

Well, I never heard of five player cribbage being played, but there's nothing to stop you :)

A good deal might be six cards each, and everyone discards one to the crib.

• Cribbage Master of the High Sierras   7 years 27 weeks ago

They don't say who they are, but there are lots of tournaments throughout Northern California throughout the year. The biggest tourney in the US is in Reno on Feb 12-14, with about 1000 people playing.

There are lots of Grass Roots clubs around, check out your local group:

--Lance

• The 29 hand in cribbage   7 years 27 weeks ago

I think the odds are the same, since the extra card is thrown away. But I'm prepared to be corrected! In any case a 29 hand is stupendously unlikely (about the same odds as being killed by a meteorite), so congratulations to your daughter!

• The 29 hand in cribbage   7 years 27 weeks ago

My daughter got s 29 hand in 3 hand crib. Since you are only dealt 5 cards the probability would be even less than 2 hand crib. Can your actuary calculate the odds?

• Cribbage online - free!   7 years 28 weeks ago

Hi,

I'm pretty sure that eCribbage.com allows you to play against a specific player - Yahoo! Cribbage certainly does. Just create a table and invite your wife to join it.

• Cribbage online - free!   7 years 28 weeks ago

My wife and I begin each day with a cup of coffee and a few games of cribbage. I have a long Business trip coming. Where, online, can we meet and play against one another to start our day? We are both Mac users.
    Thank you for any information on this. I have checked the software section and it does mention locations online to play against others; but can one choose in specific (ie. my wife) whom one wishes to play?

• Cribbage rules - the discard   7 years 28 weeks ago

In three, four, or more-handed cribbage, pone is the player to the dealer's left (and pone makes the cut).

• Cribbage rules - the go   7 years 28 weeks ago

Nick,

You are absolutely right - my mistake. I thought the question was how many points would you peg for playing the final ace - but along the way you should have pegged two points for the pair, before playing the third ace for a further 8 points.

• Cribbage rules - the go   7 years 28 weeks ago

I thought that would be 10 points.
    if the board looks like this:
    ***A for 29
    ***AA for 30 --- 2 points for the pair.
    ***AAA for 31 --- 6 points for the royal pair and 2 for 31
    Total of 10 unanswered points?

• Cribbage rules - the discard   7 years 28 weeks ago

Who gets the cut in three or four handed Cribbage? Is it the person in front of the dealer or the person behind?

• Cribbage rules   7 years 28 weeks ago

I should have added the actual 29 hand.

5h, 5d, 5c, Js with the 5 of spades being the turn card.

• Cribbage rules   7 years 28 weeks ago

2-2-8-3 = 15 for 2
    2-3-K = 15 for 4
    2-3-K = 15 for 6
    and the pair of 2's for 8 points

• Cribbage rules   7 years 28 weeks ago

This hand (4h, 4d, 5h, 6h, 6d) is 24.

The 15's are as follows:
    6h-4h-5h
    6h-4d-5h
    6d-4h-5h
    6d-4d-5h
    For 8 points.
    Then the double-double counts as 16 for 24 total.

• Cribbage rules - the play   7 years 28 weeks ago

opponent started with a 3, i threw a 4, they a 5 for 3 points, i a 6 for 4 point, they a ace for =15 for 7 points, i a 6 for 6 points and then they a 3 for 4 points. This isn't right is it. The 3 breaks the run , right?

• A question about specific hand during the count in a four player game.   7 years 28 weeks ago

Hi,

You don't score double runs in the play. An easy way to remember it is that you score points for any run which your card completes. In other words, if it doesn't complete a run, it doesn't score. The second 5 above doesn't complete a run (the first 5 did that), so it only scores for a pair and 31: four points altogether.

Thanks

• Learning how to play Cribbage since I got a board for xmas have a Question.   7 years 29 weeks ago

Hi,

Congratulations on your new cribbage board! I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it.

There are a few things about cribbage which can seem a little confusing at first, until you've played through a few games and it becomes familiar. To answer your question, no, the starter card does not count towards the running total. The sequence goes like this:

1. The deal
    2. Each player discards to the crib
    3. Turn over the starter card
    4. The non-dealer plays the first card and starts the count from zero.

I hope this helps! Don't forget to have a look through the Forum as there are many other questions and answers which you may find useful.

• Counting your hand question   7 years 29 weeks ago

Hi,

I hope you're having a lot of fun learning cribbage! It can be a little confusing at first but you'll soon find it very easy.

In some card games you keep the cards in your hand, in others you play out all your cards one by one. Cribbage is a little unusual in that you do both: each player lays their cards down one by one, but then when you are both out of cards, you gather them up again and count the score in your hand.

A common way to do this is for each player to play her card in front of herself, so that she can easily gather them up again at the end without getting mixed up with her opponent's cards.

Note that you keep a running count until you reach 31 (or neither can play without going over 31); at this point, if either of you still has cards in your hand, the count resets to zero, and you continue until all cards are played. Only then do you score the hand.

If you look at this page there is an example sequence of play which will demonstrate this: http://cribbagecorner.com/cribbage-rules-go