• Cribbage Chat Room   25 weeks 2 days ago

Final hand of game I have 3-jacks and a 5, my opponent has 5,4,3,2

Here is the sequence of the count

Me - Jack (10)
    opp - 5 (15 for 2)
    Me - 5 (20 for pair and 2)
    Opp - 4 (24)
    I - say GO
    Opp - plays 3, 2 for 29...
    Does he get to peg for a run of three and a run of 4 for 7pts (8 with the go) or does he only get the run of 4 and the go for 5?

• How to score this hand?   25 weeks 3 days ago

20. 15 for 8 (4 3- card combinations added for 6) plus 12 for the 4- of -a- kind.

• Crib board where a skunk pops up???   25 weeks 6 days ago

How do I post a pic or little video? I am at my mom's and have taken some poor ones.

I cannot take it apart without my mother killing me. :) the best I can tell, there is a wooden strip under the peg scoring holes between the skunk line and the finish line. If the player doesn't have a peg in this area, the skunk will pop out when the winner pushes their peg down in the last hole. It is extremely old and was given to my grandfather as a gift from a vendor. It does not operate smoothly anymore.

• Cribbage Chat Room   26 weeks 33 min ago

I am new to cribbage and it takes me a long time to tally up my score and sometimes I miss something. Are there any tips or tricks to get faster and reduce error? Thanks!

• Help with 3 handed crib   26 weeks 1 day ago

Now that you have explained the scoring for pairs how about for run's? If Player -1, plays a Jack then Player-2 plays a Ten, then Player-3 plays a Queen. can Player-3 score the 3points for that run?

• Cribbage rules - the go   26 weeks 1 day ago

My opponent and I are both in the stink hole and both are down to our last cards....
    She plays a jack for 10.
    I play my last card also a jack.
    I can't go out by pairing her jack since I'm in the stink hole.
    Since the jack is also my last card, can I claim the go and win the game even though I can't claim the two for a pair?

• Cribbage rules - the play   26 weeks 1 day ago

hello, during the play we had a 3 point run all in the same suit. Might that score some more points?
    ben

• How to score this hand?   26 weeks 3 days ago

20 points. There are four ways to make a group of three deuces: (1) club, diamond, heart; (2) club, diamond, spade; (3) club, heart, spade; and (4) diamond, heart, spade.
    Each of those four combos produces a fifteen when added to the nine, so you have eight points in fifteens.

There are six ways to pair the four deuces, so those four deuces independently are worth 12 points.

Total -- fifteen eight plus twelve for the four twos equals 20 points.

• Please score this for me   26 weeks 4 days ago

There are three different ways to score fifteen (9+3+3) - that's 6 points.

And there are three different pairs of 3's - that's Pairs Royal, another 6 points.

Total = 12 points.

• Please score this for me   26 weeks 6 days ago

I have 3 6's and one 3 How does that score?

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   26 weeks 6 days ago

So me and wife are playing she had 3 3s and a 7 cut card was a 2 how many points is the hand

• Cribbage rules - the play   26 weeks 6 days ago

P1- 6
    P2 - 6
    P1 - 3
    P2 - 4
    P1 - 2
    P2 - A
    P1 - 4
    P2 - 5

Player 2 gets 2 points for pair
    Player 1 gets 3 points laying the 2 for a run
    Player 2 gets 4 points laying the A for a run of 4

Then the arguement: does?
    Player 1 get 4 points for the 4 for a run?
    And then subsequently player 2 get 6 for the run of 6 that's buried in there?

• How to score this hand?   27 weeks 2 days ago

6 pair = 12 points
    4 x 15's = 8 points

here's the breakdown of the pairs:
    2.2.x.x
    2.x.2.x
    2.x.x.2
    x.2.2.x
    x.2.x.2
    x.x.2.2

and the 15's:
    2.2.2.x+9
    2.2.x.2+9
    2.x.2.2+9
    x.2.2.2+9

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   27 weeks 2 days ago

Is the jack in your hand or is it the cut card? if it is in your hand then you would score 6. 5 points for the flush and one point for nobs for the jack being the same suit as the cut card (or starter card)

• scoring runs during play?   27 weeks 2 days ago

You are not allowed to flip cards over. That is an advantage or disadvantage and you are not allowed to flip cards over while pegging.

• scoring runs during play?   27 weeks 3 days ago

Sorry Benoit, but you couldn't be so wrong. Saying "go" does not break any sequence of cards ever, except if everyone says go and that ends the "round" of cards. If you play after the go and it is less than 31 then it's perfectly fine.

Suggest you learn the rules!!

• 500 Cribbage   27 weeks 6 days ago

Having learned with the same boards as my sister (also posted here) I have found the go at 34 to be so much better than 31, that I prefer to play regular cribbage that way. It gives much better play with face cards, as 31 overemphasizes the value of an ace, but does not allow a Face,5,Face,Face. Even better, Face, 5, Face risks a 9, making this a play you have to think about. What I like best is that some complicated run patterns can be filled to the go: 8,7,10,9 is a good challenge both to make and avoid in the 4 hand game.

• How to score this hand?   27 weeks 6 days ago

That crib would score 15 - three runs and a tripple

• How to score this hand?   28 weeks 17 hours ago

I had 4 twos in my hand and a 9 was turned up, how many points is it?

• Cribbage rules - the basics   29 weeks 21 hours ago

I've been playing cribbage as long as you have and I agree with you 100%. My father taught me the game when I was 10 years old. He said if you offered your opponent a cut you lost the deal and consequently your crib.

I suppose the rules have been twisted and bent pretty much over the years but I'm sticking with how I was taught.

• How to score this hand?   29 weeks 1 day ago

3 runs of 5-6-7 for 9 points
    + three of a kind for 6 = 15 points

• The discard   29 weeks 6 days ago

hilarious!!

• Double and triple runs   30 weeks 2 days ago

You have "a 16 without A 15"

• Double and triple runs   30 weeks 2 days ago

You have a "16 without a 15"

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   30 weeks 4 days ago

I was told that if I have a 5 card flush with a jack I
    can only score 5 points, the jack in this case does not count for the extra point.

is this correct ??