• Your 29 hand stories   23 weeks 6 days ago

March 7 2017
    Last evening my lady friend of 26 years, and I were playing our usual two games of cribbage. We have averaged playing two games per day, usually seven days with a few days skipped occasionally. However we have had this routine for about twenty three years. During this time we have scored three 28 hands. During our second game last night we were about half way through. I dealt her a hand of three fives, a jack, a queen and a six. She discarded to my crib the queen and the six. The jack was diamonds. With the crib completed the cut was made with the five of diamonds exposed. It took a moment of shock before we both realized the perfect hand had just been achieved. As a side note we play our games using a card shuffler. No errors had been introduced thus our joy was tremendous realizing this significant event had been achieved in our long and joyful cribbage competition. By the way, she did win the game.

• Please score this for me   24 weeks 11 hours ago

Three 4's and a 7. Please score for me

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   24 weeks 20 hours ago

15 2, 4, 6, three of a kind makes 12. Twelve points.

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   24 weeks 20 hours ago

Why would you get a go point? He played a King and no one else could play, correct? Go, one point. Then next round he plays a King and no one else can play? Go, one point.

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   24 weeks 20 hours ago

And if you are playing muggins, the player who first called out the missed points gets the points.

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   24 weeks 1 day ago

My husband and I are playing Kings Cribbage and we do not know how to score this

• Scoring   25 weeks 1 day ago

Yes - sixteen without a fifteen as we like to say

• What happens if there is a misdeal?   25 weeks 2 days ago

The serial number for this board is 96-4758 It is a three lane cribbage board and I would like to know when it was made. There were only 1,000 of these made. Where and when?

• impossible scores   25 weeks 2 days ago

Not going to get into all of the silly claims that scores of 19, 25, 26, or 27 are possible other than to say NO!!!

But I *am* curious how you figured that there are 47 possible up cards.

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   25 weeks 3 days ago

She said the 5 and 6 were the last cards played

• Please score this for me   25 weeks 4 days ago

A sequence of 4-6-3-5 Is played. Does the playing of 5 count for a run of 4?

• How to score this hand?   25 weeks 4 days ago

You are correct 16 points. Possibly 17.

T J x Q x = 3
    T x J Q x = 3
    T J x x Q = 3
    T x J x Q = 3
    x J J x x = 2
    x x x Q Q = 2
    Total = 16

If the suite of one of the jacks matches the turn card
    1 point for his nibs! For a total of 17 points.

• How to score this hand?   25 weeks 4 days ago

You are correct 16 points. Possibly 17.

T J x Q x = 3
    T x J Q x = 3
    T J x x Q = 3
    T x J x Q = 3
    x J J x x = 2
    x x x Q Q = 2
    Total = 16

If the suite of one of the jacks matches the turn card
    1 point for his nibs! For a total of 17 points.

• Please score this for me   25 weeks 5 days ago

Yes, there is also a point for last card.

• Please score this for me   25 weeks 5 days ago

6+3+3+3 = 15, this can be done four different ways so 8 point here.

Double Pairs Royal (four of a kind) is 6 distinct pairs, another 12 points.

Total 20.

• impossible scores   25 weeks 5 days ago

Let's count fifteens first:

J+5 three times = 6
    10+5 three times = 6
    5+5+5 = 2

So, total for the fifteens = 14 .

Pairs Royal (three of a kind) = 6.

And Nobs (Jack of the turn-up suit) = 1.

Total = 14 + 6 + 1 = 21 !

• Scoring   25 weeks 6 days ago

J Q K x 4 = 12
    Q + Q = 2
    K + K = 2

Total = 16

• ecribbage.com experience?   26 weeks 3 days ago

The site ecribbage must keep getting so much negative emails that it has shut down receiving emails. I can't say I am surprised by this. The game doesn't involve random cards - almost every one who has played several hands there will state this. It could be a descent site if thay would fix the computer bias. My advise is don't get started playing here. It teaches you to play the game wrongly. And I don't think the site creators care. If they did care they would get the email working again.

• ecribbage.com experience?   26 weeks 3 days ago

I have been playing several games at this ecribbage site and have found it to be very disappointing. in my last 30 games I have lost 24. and ironically all my opponents have stated that the site is programmed and that I must be in some weird funk. They have said this because of the hands I have gotten and mainly because of how incredible the cuts have been in their favor. It isn't until the very last hand that the cut card helps me and not them. but of course they are 5 or 6 points away and I am over 30. By the way did I mention 11 of those 24 loses involved me being skunked. The patterns of the cards are so terrible that success only comes when you actually play the game wrong and go against statistics. I really haven't anything good to say about the game the site offers. My advise to others is to stay away.

• scoring runs during play?   26 weeks 3 days ago

There was no mention of a second Ace. What are you talking about?

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   26 weeks 3 days ago
    Yup

Pretty sure that's what they were asking

• Scoring   26 weeks 3 days ago
    Yup

16 good job.

• End game practise   26 weeks 3 days ago
    ACC

Paul, no there really is no software developed for that, but you've made a great point in trying to learn end game. I suffered for years...yes years...in end game play. Seek out Colvert's book or play as many possible games in real life and online against real people (don't play against computers they are too predictable.) Go to cribbage.org to find other resources.

• How to score this hand?   26 weeks 3 days ago

• How to score this hand?   26 weeks 3 days ago

You are. Have your brother recount.