• How many 24 hands are there?   44 weeks 6 days ago

I just got done proving it above...and so did you. If there are 4 of us are playing, the simplest way are these hands dealt to the four players:

4, 4, 5, 5
    4, 4, 5, 5
    7, 7, 8, 8
    7, 7, 8, 8

So now what happens when a 6 is cut Phil? Are those not ALL 24 hands everyone is holding? Oh and Phil...there are even more. Some might be holding 4, 4, 5, 6 and a six cut would ALSO give ALL 24 hands to everybody. Two identical 24 hands happen all the time. Have no idea what the odds are, but as you can see above, it is pretty rare but can and does happen.

• scoring runs during play?   44 weeks 6 days ago

Your last card played scores a run of four (3, A, 4, 2). If it was truly the LAST card played and nobody had anymore, then you can add one more point for the Go.

• Please count my hand   44 weeks 6 days ago

9 points

5 for the run

2 -15 combinations

4+ 6 +5

4 + 6 + 3 +2

• Please count my hand   44 weeks 6 days ago

8 points

2pts per pair

2 combinations of 15

7 + 3 + 3 + 2 (twice)

• time limit for games   44 weeks 6 days ago

The normal time limit per game is 15 minutes. A nine game match should last no more than 3 hours and a 22 game match should last not longer than 7 hours. You did not say how many people were in your "tournament" so it is impossible to say, but if a player cannot play a game in 15 minutes (meaning if it went all 3 games NO longer than 45), then they are playing way too slowly. Most games by experienced players take between 7 and 12 minutes.

• scoring runs during play?   45 weeks 5 hours ago

Does this last two played score 5 for a run of 5 or nothing

Two three ace four and then a two
    I know the four is for a run of four

• impossible scores   45 weeks 8 hours ago

We just had a 19 point hand!
    Three 5s and a Jack of hearts and the turn up card was a Q of hearts.

• Cribbage rules - example hands   46 weeks 4 hours ago

So playing with two people, the play went as follows: 3 then 4 then 7 then 5 then 6. Does the last person get a 5 point run? Or did the 7 ruin it and they only get the three point?

• Penalties in cribbage   46 weeks 23 hours ago

I came onto this site to check whether the cut card could be placed into your hand for counting

Placing starter card in hand, crib or pack
    Penalty: 2 points

When counting hands, neither player must mix the turn-up card into their own hand or crib, or place it back in the pack. There is a 2 point penalty for this.

surely you contravene this rule if you do what your friend does

• Please score this for me   47 weeks 3 days ago

i have 3 8's and 2 7's. score this for me please

• Free cribbage board templates   48 weeks 5 days ago

Unfortunately your hand does not count.....Fortunately you have had two dealt to you...I have never seen even dealt one in thirty years and thousands of games played.
    Travis

• Cribbage flush   49 weeks 1 day ago

I don't know, but if some one can figure that out, figure this one as well:

What are the odds of both player's hands (not the crib) and the cut card being all one suit? AND the cut card ended up being the jack, to boot. So 9 cards, all spades. This just happened to me tonight in a live game with my son. Would have really freaked me out if the last 4 spades in the deck ended up in the crib (there were none).

• Cribbage rules - the play   49 weeks 1 day ago

I can't find any rules for my question.

Let's say the last card played was an 8, the dealer says go and the counts begins from 0.
    If the Dealer now lays down an 8 - does it count as a pair?

Or after one player layed down a 3 and an ace and scores 2 for 31 and the second player now lays down a two. Does he score 3 (run) for 2?

Or does all this combinations need to happen within the way to 31?

• Cribbage flush   49 weeks 2 days ago

About 1 in 3.7 million - in a two handed game - where you don't attempt take into consideration the odds of your opponent getting any of your flush suit.

In a two handed game your opponent couldn't prevent you from drawing 8 flush cards and the upcard in the same suit - because this hand requires 9 cards in the same suit - leaving the last four to the opponent.
    As your opponent draws any of the flush suit cards, odds would be exponentially greater to draw the 9 suited cards to create a double flush.

A three or four person game would be ridiculous - as any more than 4 of the flush suit cards being dealt to other players, blocks this potential hand.

• Please count my hand   49 weeks 6 days ago

7 7 4 5 in hand and ace on board
    Please verify for my girlfriend and I

• How many 24 hands are there?   49 weeks 6 days ago

Not possable, there is simply not enough 4s or 5s or 6s to make 4 hands of 24 by cutting a 6 possable. The best you could do is 3. Try the odds of this one tho. I kept in my hand last night, 2,7s, an 8 and a 9. I cut an 8. After the hand was played out, we descovered that my opponent also had 2,7s an 8 and a 9. Now what are the odds of getting 2 identical 24 hands? Have witness and pics to prove. I have asked guiness the same question

• Cribbage rules   50 weeks 2 days ago

2-2-2=6
    8-2-2-2-1:15=2

Overall rule is 15's are 2 points. no matter if the 2 is in the play pile.

• Pegging question   50 weeks 6 days ago

This pegging question is similar to the one that came up today in our at-sea tournament aboard our ship and I was wondering if you could confirm for me. I've done an extensive on-line search for an answer and have come up empty. The answer from Rudy and Ezra is the closest I could find and I believe applies equally to our situation. It is thus:

I had no more cards to play. My opponent had three remaining in his hand. The play was:

9 for 18; he pegs 2 points for the pair
    9 for 27: 6 points for the pair royal and one for the "go"

total pegging points = 9

Could anyone confirm that this is correct? There were those who claim that the total pegging points in this situation was 7 (6 for the pair royal and 1 for the "go". Apologies if this seem inherently obvious. I believe the 9 pegged points to be correct.

Many thanks,

• Please count my hand   51 weeks 7 hours ago

What Is The score for 2 four, 2 fièvre, 2 six

• Stinkhole   51 weeks 1 day ago

The way we play is that only a 'go' will get you out of the stinkhole but you still get anomalies. For example, if the cards are counting 28 with the last card a '2' and then I lay another '2', I get a 'go' but I can't count the 'go' because I also get 2 points for the pair.

• Please count my hand   51 weeks 3 days ago

8 points

2-2 3-3 equals two pair 4 pts

7+3+3+2=twice 1 for each 2 =4 pts

• How many 24 hands are there?   51 weeks 4 days ago

Never heard of it, but it would be possible. Here are the hands that the four would have to hold. One players could hold 8,8,7,7 and two or three players must hold a combination of 4, 4, 5, 5 or 4, 5, 5, 6 or 4, 4, 5, 6, lastly one player could hold 9, 6, 6, 6 but that would mean that no other 6 was in another hand. So you would have to have 8877 or 4455 in two of the hands. In case you were wondering 3, 3, 3, 3 and a 6 cut is only 20.

• Please count my hand   51 weeks 4 days ago

Two distinct combinations of 15 and two pair.

• Cribbage for 4:   51 weeks 4 days ago

Winner of the deal deals. They don't get to designate who will deal.

• Cribbage rules - the go   51 weeks 4 days ago

This has been asked and answered a dozen times on this board. The answer is NO. You get two points for landing on 31 REGARDLESS of what card was played.