• Cribbage rules   12 weeks 1 day ago

2-2-2=6
    8-2-2-2-1:15=2

Overall rule is 15's are 2 points. no matter if the 2 is in the play pile.

• Pegging question   12 weeks 5 days ago

This pegging question is similar to the one that came up today in our at-sea tournament aboard our ship and I was wondering if you could confirm for me. I've done an extensive on-line search for an answer and have come up empty. The answer from Rudy and Ezra is the closest I could find and I believe applies equally to our situation. It is thus:

I had no more cards to play. My opponent had three remaining in his hand. The play was:

9 for 18; he pegs 2 points for the pair
    9 for 27: 6 points for the pair royal and one for the "go"

total pegging points = 9

Could anyone confirm that this is correct? There were those who claim that the total pegging points in this situation was 7 (6 for the pair royal and 1 for the "go". Apologies if this seem inherently obvious. I believe the 9 pegged points to be correct.

Many thanks,

• Please count my hand   12 weeks 6 days ago

What Is The score for 2 four, 2 fièvre, 2 six

• Stinkhole   13 weeks 17 hours ago

The way we play is that only a 'go' will get you out of the stinkhole but you still get anomalies. For example, if the cards are counting 28 with the last card a '2' and then I lay another '2', I get a 'go' but I can't count the 'go' because I also get 2 points for the pair.

• Please count my hand   13 weeks 3 days ago

8 points

2-2 3-3 equals two pair 4 pts

7+3+3+2=twice 1 for each 2 =4 pts

• How many 24 hands are there?   13 weeks 3 days ago

Never heard of it, but it would be possible. Here are the hands that the four would have to hold. One players could hold 8,8,7,7 and two or three players must hold a combination of 4, 4, 5, 5 or 4, 5, 5, 6 or 4, 4, 5, 6, lastly one player could hold 9, 6, 6, 6 but that would mean that no other 6 was in another hand. So you would have to have 8877 or 4455 in two of the hands. In case you were wondering 3, 3, 3, 3 and a 6 cut is only 20.

• Please count my hand   13 weeks 3 days ago

Two distinct combinations of 15 and two pair.

• Cribbage for 4:   13 weeks 3 days ago

Winner of the deal deals. They don't get to designate who will deal.

• Cribbage rules - the go   13 weeks 3 days ago

This has been asked and answered a dozen times on this board. The answer is NO. You get two points for landing on 31 REGARDLESS of what card was played.

• impossible scores   13 weeks 3 days ago

that is 20 cause 15's go in2's

• Playing 4th ace for 31   13 weeks 6 days ago

By my very rough estimate, this would be around one in 95,000.

• Free cribbage board templates   13 weeks 6 days ago

I am also wondering...

• Cribbage rules - the go   13 weeks 6 days ago

If a player plays his card and reaches 31 and it's the last card played by both players (no cards left to play) does that player scoring 31 get a last card played point for a total of 3 points?

• The discard   14 weeks 5 days ago

I call it "Gone Baby!"

• Playing 4th ace for 31   15 weeks 3 days ago

Don't understand the question.

• Playing 4th ace for 31   15 weeks 3 days ago

Once had 2 lots of 31 for 14 in an afternoon session with a mate. one with 7's and the other with aces.

• Cribbage for 4:   16 weeks 3 days ago

When you cut for first deal if you win can you electe you partner to take the first deal ?

• Please count my hand   16 weeks 5 days ago

A friend and I had a dispute over the counting of a hand in cribbage. The hand in question was 2233 and cut card 7. what does this combination add up to?

• Facts about cribbage   17 weeks 23 hours ago

I know you get 2 points for scoring 31 in the game but do you also score points if your hand counts up to 31 once game finishes

• How many 24 hands are there?   17 weeks 1 day ago

Have you ever heard of four people getting a 24 hand because of the cut? A six was cut. Do you know what he odds of that happening are? -James from Canada

• Nobs in cribbage   17 weeks 1 day ago

Hi there, years ago I was playing teams cribbage with my brother. because of the cut a 6, every player got a 24 hand! Does anybody know or know how to figure out the odds of that happening? Thanks James A from Kelowna Canada.

• Cribbage etiquette   17 weeks 2 days ago

No, it's not in the official rules, but that you can't play with him because you refuse to say 15 more than once does put you in the wrong. Lighten up Francis!

• Cribbage etiquette   17 weeks 2 days ago

As to Q3, Muggins is an optional rule. If your opponent short counts, and muggins is in effect, then yes you can claim the uncounted & unscored points. However, muggins needs to be clearly stated as being in effect before you start playing, otherwise it is not in the official rules. It's a variation and any variation you intend on playing needs to be declared before playing.

• Does anyone still play cribbage?   17 weeks 4 days ago

Love cribbage. Been playing for 40+ years. Looking to start up an informal club in SLO, CA.

• Cribbage rules - the play   17 weeks 6 days ago

3 = 2 points
    4 = 6 points
    1 = 1 for last card

Assuming the round ended on the ace