• Please score this for me   18 weeks 6 days ago

15s - 2,4,6 8,10,12
    pair is 14
    3 of a kind for 6 = 20

• Please count my hand   18 weeks 6 days ago

My hand includes 5,5,4 and 3 while the dealers cut card is another 5 . Please count my score & thanks.

• impossible scores   19 weeks 2 days ago

Really is 21. 6 6 6 2 1

• The discard   19 weeks 2 days ago

We call it a "bupkis"

• The discard   19 weeks 3 days ago

My dad (now in the big crib in the sky) taught me cribbage at around 8 years old. We always called 0 in the crib "19".

• impossible scores   19 weeks 3 days ago

You forgot to count 5+5+5 = 15 for two.

• Please score this for me   19 weeks 3 days ago

You have six different ways to make 15-2 (any of the three 8's with any of the two 7's).

So that's 2x6 = 12 for fifteens.

You also get 6 for the three 8's (Pairs Royal) and 2 for the pair of 7's.

Total = 12+6+2 = 20 points.

• scoring runs during play?   19 weeks 3 days ago

Look at the last four cards played:
    3-ace-4-2

That is a run of 4, so you get 4 points.

The last five cards played (2-3-A-4-2) do not make a run so you do not score 5 points.

• impossible scores   19 weeks 4 days ago

j5 2
    j5 4
    j5 6
    q5 8
    q5 10
    q5 12
    555 14
    555 17
    his nobs 18

• How many 24 hands are there?   19 weeks 4 days ago

Yes it is possible, and it was done. However, what I was interested in, was the odds of that happening, four 24 point hands because of the cut. We have for years known the odds of getting a 29 hand are. I always wondered if the odds were greater than or less than getting a 29 hand, which by the way I've never had. I've had two 28 hands in my life, one I was able to use the other 28 hand I wasn't. -Thanks for the reply, James

• How many 24 hands are there?   19 weeks 4 days ago

Yes it is possible. It happened to me and my brother. In addition, I've set up the cards like that to show that because the 6 was cut all four players got a 24 point hand. What I was initially trying to find out what are the odds of that happening. We know the odds of getting a 29 hand, so why can't we figure out what the odds of 4 people getting a 24 hand is. -James

• impossible scores   19 weeks 4 days ago

You might be missing 5-5-5 = 15. I see 15 x 3 (Jack + 5), x3 again (Queen + 5), x1 (5-5-5) for 14 points, then 6 points for 3-of-a-kind, and one for his nob is 21.

• impossible scores   19 weeks 4 days ago

Please read the dozens of posts above as to why your hand is NOT 19.

• impossible scores   19 weeks 4 days ago

The only lie is your report card from math. Count the hand again, this time using three fives for ALSO making a 15.

• impossible scores   19 weeks 4 days ago

Nice try though. There are no 19 point hands in cribbage. You just had a 21 point hand, which is WAY better than having zero. Remember that three fives is also 15. Send me my dollar please.

• Cribbage rules - example hands   19 weeks 4 days ago

That is a 5 point run. The cards DO NOT have to be in order, just be in a run sequence.

• Playing 4th ace for 31   19 weeks 4 days ago

That would mean that it is about 7 times higher than getting a 28 hand.

• Please count my hand   19 weeks 4 days ago

If you are asking what the score is for two 4 cards, two 5 cards and two 6 cards...well the score is nothing. Your hand is dead. You have TOO many cards. We do not score using six cards. Since there are too many cards, you don't get to score anything.

• Please count my hand   19 weeks 4 days ago

4, 5, 7, 7, A is worth four points.

• Cribbage flush   19 weeks 4 days ago

Gary would have you believe that the odds of getting two flushes, one in your hand and the same one in your crib is 20 times more than getting a perfect 29 hand? Come on Gary you know better than that. Your math is way off. In a two-handed game you need 6 (not 8) of the same suit in your hand (happens all the time). You only need two of those same suit from your opponent and then the starter card. This does not "leave" the last 4 to the opponent. Getting a 29 hand is 1:216,500 for two-handed and 1:650,000 for four handed. There are NO higher odds in cribbage. None. The breakdown of each scoring hand can be seen here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cribbage_statistics
    The odds of getting a 28 hand in a two-player game are 1 in 15,028.
    The odds of getting a perfect 29 hand in a two-player game are 1 in 216,580.
    The odds of getting a perfect 29 hand in a three- or four-player game are 1 in 649,740.

• Facts about cribbage   19 weeks 4 days ago

Your question is hard to understand. Are you asking if the last card played during pegging is adds up to 31? If so, the answer is you get two points.

• Cribbage rules - the play   19 weeks 4 days ago

All runs, pairs etc. are 'reset' when someone plays the final Go card for the pegging. This can be exactly 31, or the final Go. You don't get to take a Go and then just because an 8 was last played on the way to 31, you get to take a pair. Besides, if you took the Go, it was dealer's turn to lead....unless they were out of cards...even though...NO you don't get to take the pair. Once someone takes a 31 or a Go score, you start completely over. Rules are found at cribbage.org

• Cribbage flush   19 weeks 4 days ago

Not super common, but does happen all the time.

• Please score this for me   19 weeks 4 days ago

3 eights and 2 sevens (or the other way around) is 20. (fifteen for 12, pair for 14 and trips for 20)

• Penalties in cribbage   19 weeks 4 days ago

It is fine to shuffle the cards as long as the starter card (cut card) and the crib are not mixed with the remainder of the pack. A lot of players do this to speed up the game. Just make sure the starter card is left out for the dealer.