• Counting   15 weeks 1 day ago

Hi Tammy. The queens, one at a time, taken with the 5 create four 15's (8 points).

The four queens make 6 pairs ("double pair royal") for 12 points.

Total count = 20 points.

• Counting   15 weeks 1 day ago

To recheck (as asked in the post above) two errors noticed. The 15's were counted, but the pairs were overlooked in the count. The four 5's make 6 pairs ("double pair royal") for 12 points.

Also, a previous post in this thread mentioned that the upturned Jack ("starter card") would have been immediately pegged for two points when turned up. So those two points would not be added again during the hand count, later. (And, ONLY the dealer would score those two points when a Jack is turned up as the "starter card." The "pone" (non-dealer) does not score that starter Jack.

So, without adding in "his heels" (a Jack as "starter") to the hand count, the count of 18 (in the post above) is down to 16. Then add in the missed "double pair royal" (6 pairs) for 12 more points to reach 28 points for the hand.

I can never remember which is "his heels" vs. "his nobs" vs. "nibs." One book I have mentions "his nobs" as being a Jack, held in hand, if it is the SAME SUIT as the starter card. This scores ONE point during the hand count. A Jack turned up as the "starter card" is called "his heels" and is ONLY scored by the dealer, and is pegged (2 points) immediately upon being turned up. It is NOT, therefore, counted in the hand count.
    Reference book: Hoyle's Rules of Games, Second revised edition (by Albert H. Morehead and Geoffrey Mott-Smith). MANY books have the same title, so the authors are the important indicator for the same book. Now in a Third edition (or later, depending on when you read this post).

• Cribbage rules - the play   15 weeks 3 days ago

I played a 3, They played a 3 for 2pts, I played a 6, They played an Ace, I played a 5, they played a 2 and I played a 4, they played an Ace. Is there a 6 card run ..... from the second 3 to the 4?

• Crib board where a skunk pops up???   15 weeks 4 days ago

I have a board that does this. My father made two of them in the 1970's (One for a friend). I have one in my possession.

I have taken it apart to fix it and know how it works. Since I do not have a patent on it I will not share any details here, but will say that it does not require any electrical circuitry - it is entirely mechanical.

I am actually in the process of contacting some toy makers to see if there is any way it can be put to market. Not looking to get rich, but would be nice to see it finally become a solid product (and make a few $ in the process). My dad always wanted to see it go to market and encouraged me to make it happen but I never had the resources to do so.

• Counting   15 weeks 6 days ago

12 for the queens + 8 for the 4 15's

• Counting   15 weeks 6 days ago

Shouldn't the total be 30?

5,5,5,5,Jack is four 15's for 8 points
    5,5,5,5 is four 15's for 8 points
    Double Royal Pair for 12
    The cut card being a Jack, that's Nibs for 2 points

• Free cribbage board templates   16 weeks 11 hours ago

When I was a kid we received a cribbage board with a score of 300. When we read the rules it turns out that it was a 9 card deal with a 3 card discard. Anybody heard of it and any chance you have the rules. The basics are the same but I am looking for the flush rules, they were I believe, slightly different. Thanks James

• Last card, 31 for 2   16 weeks 14 hours ago

If you searched this board, this question is answered over and over again. There is NO LAST CARD IN CRIBBAGE. Anyone who tells you that there is DOES NOT KNOW THE RULES. There is a GO and there is a GO + a bonus. A GO is defined as playing a card closest to OR EQUAL TO 31 and NO OTHER PLAYER can play a card closer to 31. This can occur while pegging or at the end of pegging. (playing your last card under 31). It is a point for a last GO, NOT a point for Last Card. THIS IS WHY THERE IS NO LAST CARD! Because of your question and the way people say LAST CARD causes this confusion. Landing on 31 exactly gives you a Go + a bonus point for landing on 31 exactly. So no. You only get 2 points. Ever. No matter what card you play whether is is the 4th card or the last card. Only 2 points. Ever

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   16 weeks 14 hours ago

Jaime the starter card does not help the hand. You should be able to score this hand very easily. How many combinations of 15 are there by not using the exact same cards twice? How many runs (if there are runs)? and how many pairs? You should approach all scoring like this until you can see all of the points in a hand.

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   16 weeks 14 hours ago

No, No, not now or in the future

• scoring runs during play?   16 weeks 14 hours ago

There are no flushes during the pegging potion of play. Only when counting your hand and/or your crib.

• Cribbage rules - the go   16 weeks 14 hours ago

You played the last card that equals a Go. Take a point for the final Go.

• Counting   16 weeks 14 hours ago

This is wrong in so many ways. First of all cutting a jack does not count towards counting your hand. IF you were dealer you would get two points (IF) and that would happen BEFORE pegging so that does not count towards counting your hand. Also, did you not want to count any points for your four fives? That is 12 points that you are not counting. Any four fives and a face card is ALWAYS 28, unless the 5 cut is the same suit as the jack you are holding and then it is 29.

• "corners" on the cribbage board   16 weeks 16 hours ago

Kevin, Thanks for the comment but I was only trying breakdown the reason why you get two points when you reach the 31 pt exactly. I looked up the rules on cribbage.org, as you suggested, and it does state in Rule 1.7 Scoring Chart, that a player receives 2 points for "reaching 31 pt count exactly" and 1 pt for "final card played" (without reaching 31-count). My post was trying to explain why you DON'T get 3 points for 31 (2 for 31 and 1 for last card played or "final card" as the rules state) because the final card point is already included in the 2 points for 31 ! To address your last question, if on the last hand we have only one card each, say for example you have a 7 and I have an 8. I play the 7 and you play the 8 making 15, you would get 2 points for the 15 and also get 1 point for the final card played or as I like to call it, the last card played. If that is not correct, check out https://cardgames.io/cribbage/ and the app 'Cribbage Classic' because that is way they score it. If they are wrong, take it up with them.

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   16 weeks 16 hours ago

I see three 15s for 6 points and a pair for 2 points. Total 8 points. The starter card doesn't get you anything extra. (9&6), (9& other 6), (6,6,&3).

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   16 weeks 17 hours ago

A four card flush is worth 4 (without the starter), and a five card flush is worth five points (with the starter) . You can only get the 5 point type with the Crib.

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   16 weeks 19 hours ago

Please look to this site and may others regarding runs. Runs in cribbage can be in any order, but they MUST have a run for the cards you are taking. Here is your game 8, 4, 5, 3, 2, A, 5. So since a new 5 is being played is A, 2, 3, 5 a run? No it is not. So no run for the last 5.

• Positional play and board strategy in cribbage   16 weeks 1 day ago

I was also confused by this

• Counting   16 weeks 1 day ago

4 queens with 5 cut what's my score?

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   17 weeks 4 hours ago

What is the total points of 9 6 6 3 and starter is 4

• How many 24 hands are there?   17 weeks 12 hours ago

Ther is 12 @15s. Six pairs of 6s and a 3.
    4 of a kind is 12

• Counting   17 weeks 3 days ago

5,5,5,5,Jack is four 15's for 8 points
    5,5,5,5 is four 15's for 8 points
    The cut card being a Jack, that's Nibs for 2 points

Total points 18 (feel free to recheck me but that's what I got)

• "corners" on the cribbage board   18 weeks 4 days ago

Thanks Tomasso,
    That is helpful.
    It has been so long since i played, i am going to have to re-learn everything, but I will refer back to your comment.

• scoring runs during play?   18 weeks 4 days ago

If during play all 4 cards in the run are the same suit, do you get extra points beside the run?

• scoring runs during play?   18 weeks 4 days ago