• Playing 4th ace for 31   6 weeks 6 days ago

That would mean that it is about 7 times higher than getting a 28 hand.

• Please count my hand   6 weeks 6 days ago

If you are asking what the score is for two 4 cards, two 5 cards and two 6 cards...well the score is nothing. Your hand is dead. You have TOO many cards. We do not score using six cards. Since there are too many cards, you don't get to score anything.

• Please count my hand   6 weeks 6 days ago

4, 5, 7, 7, A is worth four points.

• Cribbage flush   6 weeks 6 days ago

Gary would have you believe that the odds of getting two flushes, one in your hand and the same one in your crib is 20 times more than getting a perfect 29 hand? Come on Gary you know better than that. Your math is way off. In a two-handed game you need 6 (not 8) of the same suit in your hand (happens all the time). You only need two of those same suit from your opponent and then the starter card. This does not "leave" the last 4 to the opponent. Getting a 29 hand is 1:216,500 for two-handed and 1:650,000 for four handed. There are NO higher odds in cribbage. None. The breakdown of each scoring hand can be seen here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cribbage_statistics
    The odds of getting a 28 hand in a two-player game are 1 in 15,028.
    The odds of getting a perfect 29 hand in a two-player game are 1 in 216,580.
    The odds of getting a perfect 29 hand in a three- or four-player game are 1 in 649,740.

• Facts about cribbage   6 weeks 6 days ago

Your question is hard to understand. Are you asking if the last card played during pegging is adds up to 31? If so, the answer is you get two points.

• Cribbage rules - the play   6 weeks 6 days ago

All runs, pairs etc. are 'reset' when someone plays the final Go card for the pegging. This can be exactly 31, or the final Go. You don't get to take a Go and then just because an 8 was last played on the way to 31, you get to take a pair. Besides, if you took the Go, it was dealer's turn to lead....unless they were out of cards...even though...NO you don't get to take the pair. Once someone takes a 31 or a Go score, you start completely over. Rules are found at cribbage.org

• Cribbage flush   6 weeks 6 days ago

Not super common, but does happen all the time.

• Please score this for me   6 weeks 6 days ago

3 eights and 2 sevens (or the other way around) is 20. (fifteen for 12, pair for 14 and trips for 20)

• Penalties in cribbage   6 weeks 6 days ago

It is fine to shuffle the cards as long as the starter card (cut card) and the crib are not mixed with the remainder of the pack. A lot of players do this to speed up the game. Just make sure the starter card is left out for the dealer.

• How many 24 hands are there?   6 weeks 6 days ago

I just got done proving it above...and so did you. If there are 4 of us are playing, the simplest way are these hands dealt to the four players:

4, 4, 5, 5
    4, 4, 5, 5
    7, 7, 8, 8
    7, 7, 8, 8

So now what happens when a 6 is cut Phil? Are those not ALL 24 hands everyone is holding? Oh and Phil...there are even more. Some might be holding 4, 4, 5, 6 and a six cut would ALSO give ALL 24 hands to everybody. Two identical 24 hands happen all the time. Have no idea what the odds are, but as you can see above, it is pretty rare but can and does happen.

• scoring runs during play?   6 weeks 6 days ago

Your last card played scores a run of four (3, A, 4, 2). If it was truly the LAST card played and nobody had anymore, then you can add one more point for the Go.

• Please count my hand   6 weeks 6 days ago

9 points

5 for the run

2 -15 combinations

4+ 6 +5

4 + 6 + 3 +2

• Please count my hand   6 weeks 6 days ago

8 points

2pts per pair

2 combinations of 15

7 + 3 + 3 + 2 (twice)

• time limit for games   6 weeks 6 days ago

The normal time limit per game is 15 minutes. A nine game match should last no more than 3 hours and a 22 game match should last not longer than 7 hours. You did not say how many people were in your "tournament" so it is impossible to say, but if a player cannot play a game in 15 minutes (meaning if it went all 3 games NO longer than 45), then they are playing way too slowly. Most games by experienced players take between 7 and 12 minutes.

• scoring runs during play?   6 weeks 6 days ago

Does this last two played score 5 for a run of 5 or nothing

Two three ace four and then a two
    I know the four is for a run of four

• impossible scores   6 weeks 6 days ago

We just had a 19 point hand!
    Three 5s and a Jack of hearts and the turn up card was a Q of hearts.

• Cribbage rules - example hands   7 weeks 6 days ago

So playing with two people, the play went as follows: 3 then 4 then 7 then 5 then 6. Does the last person get a 5 point run? Or did the 7 ruin it and they only get the three point?

• Penalties in cribbage   8 weeks 9 hours ago

I came onto this site to check whether the cut card could be placed into your hand for counting

Placing starter card in hand, crib or pack
    Penalty: 2 points

When counting hands, neither player must mix the turn-up card into their own hand or crib, or place it back in the pack. There is a 2 point penalty for this.

surely you contravene this rule if you do what your friend does

• Please score this for me   9 weeks 3 days ago

i have 3 8's and 2 7's. score this for me please

• Free cribbage board templates   10 weeks 4 days ago

Unfortunately your hand does not count.....Fortunately you have had two dealt to you...I have never seen even dealt one in thirty years and thousands of games played.
    Travis

• Cribbage flush   11 weeks 12 hours ago

I don't know, but if some one can figure that out, figure this one as well:

What are the odds of both player's hands (not the crib) and the cut card being all one suit? AND the cut card ended up being the jack, to boot. So 9 cards, all spades. This just happened to me tonight in a live game with my son. Would have really freaked me out if the last 4 spades in the deck ended up in the crib (there were none).

• Cribbage rules - the play   11 weeks 1 day ago

I can't find any rules for my question.

Let's say the last card played was an 8, the dealer says go and the counts begins from 0.
    If the Dealer now lays down an 8 - does it count as a pair?

Or after one player layed down a 3 and an ace and scores 2 for 31 and the second player now lays down a two. Does he score 3 (run) for 2?

Or does all this combinations need to happen within the way to 31?

• Cribbage flush   11 weeks 2 days ago

About 1 in 3.7 million - in a two handed game - where you don't attempt take into consideration the odds of your opponent getting any of your flush suit.

In a two handed game your opponent couldn't prevent you from drawing 8 flush cards and the upcard in the same suit - because this hand requires 9 cards in the same suit - leaving the last four to the opponent.
    As your opponent draws any of the flush suit cards, odds would be exponentially greater to draw the 9 suited cards to create a double flush.

A three or four person game would be ridiculous - as any more than 4 of the flush suit cards being dealt to other players, blocks this potential hand.

• Please count my hand   11 weeks 5 days ago

7 7 4 5 in hand and ace on board
    Please verify for my girlfriend and I

• How many 24 hands are there?   11 weeks 6 days ago

Not possable, there is simply not enough 4s or 5s or 6s to make 4 hands of 24 by cutting a 6 possable. The best you could do is 3. Try the odds of this one tho. I kept in my hand last night, 2,7s, an 8 and a 9. I cut an 8. After the hand was played out, we descovered that my opponent also had 2,7s an 8 and a 9. Now what are the odds of getting 2 identical 24 hands? Have witness and pics to prove. I have asked guiness the same question