• Cribbage rules - the scoring   8 weeks 5 days ago

She said the 5 and 6 were the last cards played

• Please score this for me   8 weeks 6 days ago

A sequence of 4-6-3-5 Is played. Does the playing of 5 count for a run of 4?

• How to score this hand?   9 weeks 7 hours ago

You are correct 16 points. Possibly 17.

T J x Q x = 3
    T x J Q x = 3
    T J x x Q = 3
    T x J x Q = 3
    x J J x x = 2
    x x x Q Q = 2
    Total = 16

If the suite of one of the jacks matches the turn card
    1 point for his nibs! For a total of 17 points.

• How to score this hand?   9 weeks 7 hours ago

You are correct 16 points. Possibly 17.

T J x Q x = 3
    T x J Q x = 3
    T J x x Q = 3
    T x J x Q = 3
    x J J x x = 2
    x x x Q Q = 2
    Total = 16

If the suite of one of the jacks matches the turn card
    1 point for his nibs! For a total of 17 points.

• Please score this for me   9 weeks 19 hours ago

Yes, there is also a point for last card.

• Please score this for me   9 weeks 19 hours ago

6+3+3+3 = 15, this can be done four different ways so 8 point here.

Double Pairs Royal (four of a kind) is 6 distinct pairs, another 12 points.

Total 20.

• impossible scores   9 weeks 19 hours ago

Let's count fifteens first:

J+5 three times = 6
    10+5 three times = 6
    5+5+5 = 2

So, total for the fifteens = 14 .

Pairs Royal (three of a kind) = 6.

And Nobs (Jack of the turn-up suit) = 1.

Total = 14 + 6 + 1 = 21 !

• Scoring   9 weeks 2 days ago

J Q K x 4 = 12
    Q + Q = 2
    K + K = 2

Total = 16

• ecribbage.com experience?   9 weeks 5 days ago

The site ecribbage must keep getting so much negative emails that it has shut down receiving emails. I can't say I am surprised by this. The game doesn't involve random cards - almost every one who has played several hands there will state this. It could be a descent site if thay would fix the computer bias. My advise is don't get started playing here. It teaches you to play the game wrongly. And I don't think the site creators care. If they did care they would get the email working again.

• ecribbage.com experience?   9 weeks 5 days ago

I have been playing several games at this ecribbage site and have found it to be very disappointing. in my last 30 games I have lost 24. and ironically all my opponents have stated that the site is programmed and that I must be in some weird funk. They have said this because of the hands I have gotten and mainly because of how incredible the cuts have been in their favor. It isn't until the very last hand that the cut card helps me and not them. but of course they are 5 or 6 points away and I am over 30. By the way did I mention 11 of those 24 loses involved me being skunked. The patterns of the cards are so terrible that success only comes when you actually play the game wrong and go against statistics. I really haven't anything good to say about the game the site offers. My advise to others is to stay away.

• scoring runs during play?   9 weeks 6 days ago

There was no mention of a second Ace. What are you talking about?

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   9 weeks 6 days ago
    Yup

Pretty sure that's what they were asking

• Scoring   9 weeks 6 days ago
    Yup

16 good job.

• End game practise   9 weeks 6 days ago
    ACC

Paul, no there really is no software developed for that, but you've made a great point in trying to learn end game. I suffered for years...yes years...in end game play. Seek out Colvert's book or play as many possible games in real life and online against real people (don't play against computers they are too predictable.) Go to cribbage.org to find other resources.

• How to score this hand?   9 weeks 6 days ago

• How to score this hand?   9 weeks 6 days ago

You are. Have your brother recount.

• How to score this hand?   9 weeks 6 days ago

• How to score this hand?   9 weeks 6 days ago

• Please score this for me   9 weeks 6 days ago

You would get a go at the conclusion of the last card played. This is always a "go" as there are no other cards that can be played taking the score closer to 31. Just so you know 31 includes both a "go" and a bonus. That is why you don't get last card when hitting a 31 exactly. The "go" is already inside of a 31. Scoring to 15 does not have this and you should have taken a "go". It doesn't matter if it is played in a scoring sequence or not. Take your point. You earned it.

• Please score this for me   9 weeks 6 days ago

Score 20 points. 4 ways to make 15 + 12 for the quads.

• Anyone heard of a 70 point board?   9 weeks 6 days ago

Could see it if it was 61 points, but even scored boards do not allow for winning and there are no ties in cribbage.

• Flush Woes   9 weeks 6 days ago

Flushes are never scored while pegging. They are only scored in your hands after pegging. You must have all 4 cards in your hand (with or without the starter card of the same suit) to score 4 or 5 points, and you MUST have all 5 cards in a crib (hand + starter card) for a flush in the crib. A crib flush is very rare and only seen once every 700 cribs.

• 5 HANDED CRIBBAGE   9 weeks 6 days ago

So the dealer gets to decide what the starter card will be? Interesting concept.

• How do you score this instance in pegging?   9 weeks 6 days ago

Please also note that the 4, 3, 2 is also a run that P4 should have taken. P2 also does get a run for 6, and if P1 had an Ace lurking back there, they could have nailed it for even 7 points.

• Go   9 weeks 6 days ago
    Go

So here is the skinny on Go. You cannot score a Go until YOU have played all the possible cards that you can play. You are not allowed to say Go, then lay a card that will take you to less than 31. If you do, that is called renegging and is a penalty. Player B can only score a point when they have laid down ALL cards that would reach 31 or below. He doesn't get a point for last card. Last card is technically a Go because no other player can play a card closer to 31.