• Scoring runs of three and four question   37 weeks 6 days ago

You only score 1 point for each card in the run. So in the hand you describe the 3, 4, 5 and 6 would be worth only 4 points for the straight. You do not get an additional 3 points for the smaller 3 card straights.

• Scoring runs of three and four question   37 weeks 6 days ago

• How to score this hand?   38 weeks 2 days ago

Ok we are playing 7 cards k I have a 4 4 5 5 5 6 k in my hand n a j as the cut card n no flushes

• # of unique hands, not considering suit   38 weeks 4 days ago

Actually Dave,

None of it makes sense. Not even a little teenie weenie little bit. First off, we are talking cribbage here, not poker. There are no Full Houses. There are actually over 12,000,000 (million) combinations of 5 cards you can make in cribbage. Have no idea how you thought it was 14,000 unless you completely eliminate suits, but since flushes count in cribbage that is nonsensical. You HAVE to include suits. Just like you would in poker. Nobody understands your 4k notop or 4k top.

• Flush Woes   38 weeks 4 days ago

You can make up whatever rules you want. It is somewhat intriguing, but would likely lead to super inflated scores and no longer really be cribbage. You can also play with jokers. You can play where you have to go backwards 10 points if you don't have any points in either your hand or your crib. Those are all variations, but not really cribbage.

• time limit for games   38 weeks 4 days ago

The above post is an advertisement for children's type games. The poster does not even know what cribbage is and cribbage is not offered on the referred to site. Would recommend that you not click the link as the safety of the site is unknown. (Note the poster said first time playing this particular game and did not disappoint)??!! this is the most hilarious post ever. They were immersed from beginning to end???!!! How long did it take you, dear player, to learn to play cribbage? With dear old Dad on a tablet???!!! Go away Brooke. You have no idea what you are talking about.

• Cribbage rules - the play   38 weeks 4 days ago

Join a club or come to a tournament. That's where you will really learn how to play. Don't be shy. They will not bite and they will help you along the way. We want new players.

• How to score this hand?   38 weeks 4 days ago

• Penalties in cribbage   38 weeks 4 days ago

The rules say that you must leave at least four cards on the bottom, or four cards on the top of the deck whenever cutting a deck for either the starter card or before the game starts.

• Cribbage Chat Room   38 weeks 4 days ago

Jake. Part of cribbage is being able to count. First off in answer to your questions, I do not know what kind of a card deck you are using, but the ones that I use do not have five of any number. Lets examine your first question. Since you need 3 of the fives to make each 15 and cannot use the exact same fives more than once, let us break them into suits.
    (clubs, spades, hearts) (clubs, spades, diamonds) (diamonds, hearts, clubs) (diamonds, hearts, spades). Now that was not too hard was it?

• Stinkhole   38 weeks 4 days ago

Take your pair. If the opponent (pone) says "Go". Then take that one point. Don't ever combine scores when pegging unless you are allowed to, like taking 31 for eight.

• Your 29 hand stories   38 weeks 4 days ago

Brian,
    Sounds like Dad had it (almost) spot on. You can however; peg out by cutting a Jack. There are dozens of free programs and free websites out there. You can play tournaments, heads up, accumulate points etc. The two associated with the ACC are ecribbage.com and gamecolony.com. Both offer free play. Normally you play against humans, but on ecribbage you can play against the computer. gamecolony also allows wagering as the more skilled player normally will win. I do have to disagree with you regarding pegging though. A skilled player will peg 26-33 points in a game (which is more than you typically have in the crib/box). It is a MAJOR part of the game and separates the men from the boys in the cribbage world. The very best cribbage players in the world typically win 65-70% of their games when they have first deal, and about 45-50% when they do not have first deal. Check out cribbage.org for information about rules, clubs, tournaments and more. Canadians and even some Europeans are starting to join. Keep pegging

• Please count my hand   38 weeks 4 days ago

You over-counted your hand. Your hand is worth 12 points, not 20. I am guessing that you used the exact same cards more than once.

• Please count my hand   38 weeks 4 days ago

Sometimes it is easiest to see colors. Since you have three 4's in your hand. Let's say that two are black and one red (spade/club/heart). So you have 3 combinations that make eight. (black/black) (black/red) (black/red). You cannot use the exact two cards more than once.

• Scoring runs of three and four question   38 weeks 4 days ago

One run of four is all you get to score. You take the max run (cannot be more than 5) and that is what you get. You CANNOT use the same cards over again in a run. If you use 3, 4, 5 you cannot use them again just by adding another card or two cards. Take the example of a run of 5. Lets say you have 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 in your hand. Using that logic you have a lot of runs. You have (3, 4, 5); (3, 4, 5, 6); (3, 4, 5, 6, 7); (4, 5, 6); (4, 5, 6, 7) and (5, 6, 7). So scoring by using cards over again would have been 25 just for runs and that's not counting any fifteens!

• Please count my hand   38 weeks 4 days ago

8 point total

2 pair (4pts)

2 15's (4 pts)

• Playing for money   38 weeks 5 days ago

My friend showed me how. It's pretty ruthless though:

$2.00 for the win (first to 121)
    1-5 cents a peg (we don't have pennies in Canada anymore, so it would be a nickel)

Then, skunk and double skunk wins get 2X and 3X the money, respectively.

Ex. You win the game 121-111. You win $2.50, $2 for the win and $0.50 for the 10 pegs.
    But if you win 121-81, you win $8.00 even. ($2 for the win + $2 for the pegs)X 2 for the skunk.

I don't think there are any hard-and-fast gambling rules for crib, so you could make your own adjustments, but I think this is the basic template. Hope you make some hay!

• Please count my hand   38 weeks 6 days ago

We totally our scores in our hand and I have (3) 4’s in my hand and the starter card is a 7. How many different 15
    s may I get? Thanks.

• Please count my hand   38 weeks 6 days ago

9, 4, 4, 2 and 2

I came up with 20.

• Your 29 hand stories   38 weeks 6 days ago

I was taught the game 60 years ago by my father, Bert, when I was about 10. I don't remember beating him at it (he probably threw me a game from time to time). I think that his rules were standard; he wouldn't allow 4-card flushes in the box (as we called the crib); he wouldn't allow the dealer to win the game by cutting a jack; he probably played Muggins! with his friends but not with me.

Forty years ago I played hundreds of games over a few weeks with my friend, Vincent. I'm sure that each of us had more than one 28-point hand, and I believe that at least one 29-pointer turned up. That's a high number of rare events in such a (statistically) small number of games. We shuffled and cut before each deal but our shuffles probably weren't perfect, so the deck probably got hotter and hotter.

In the last couple of years I've played more than 4,000 games of Cribbage Classic For Windows 10. The biggest hand so far is 24 points, which is not uncommon.

I'm impressed by this (free) program. It's well designed, enjoyable to use and it plays skilfully (albeit with some strange blind spots in pegging). It keeps some historical statistics and has recently introduced an interesting discard-analysis tool.

I've won 54.21% of 4,400 games:
    Average hand score 8.0
    Average crib score 4.7
    Average pegging score 3.2
    I don't know if these are my averages scores or the averages of all play.

The program worships at The Temple of The Skunk: it credits me with 385 (from 2,386 wins). It doesn't recognise Double-Skunks (known to me as The Lurch); these are very infrequent -- I don't believe that I've scored or suffered more than a couple.

I'm surprised that (so far) I'm a clear winner: IMHO the program should be very much better than me at selecting hands and discards, whether by calculation or by using look-up tables. A skilful human might (just) be craftier at pegging than a program but, again, calculation and look-ups should give the program an advantage. The pegging is a (numerically) minor part of the game, anyway, as the average scores show.

• Stinkhole   39 weeks 5 days ago

Hey if you are three away from the finish hole and you get a pair off the other player and then a go does that mean you get straight into the finish hole or do you hit the stink cause of the pair first or does the pair and the go fit together????

• Cribbage Chat Room   39 weeks 5 days ago

If you were to five 5s in crabbahe how many 15s is that? If u have 5 of any number how many pairs is that?

• Penalties in cribbage   40 weeks 1 day ago

Can u cut to the 2nd to last card in pile

• How to score this hand?   40 weeks 2 days ago

Crib hand 9 9 10 J turn 9 what is my count

• Please count my hand   40 weeks 3 days ago

The hand had 9661 and a six turned up what does this add up to?