• Positional play and board strategy in cribbage   3 weeks 19 hours ago

I was also confused by this

• Counting   3 weeks 1 day ago

4 queens with 5 cut what's my score?

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   3 weeks 6 days ago

What is the total points of 9 6 6 3 and starter is 4

• How many 24 hands are there?   4 weeks 6 hours ago

Ther is 12 @15s. Six pairs of 6s and a 3.
    4 of a kind is 12

• Counting   4 weeks 3 days ago

5,5,5,5,Jack is four 15's for 8 points
    5,5,5,5 is four 15's for 8 points
    The cut card being a Jack, that's Nibs for 2 points

Total points 18 (feel free to recheck me but that's what I got)

• "corners" on the cribbage board   5 weeks 4 days ago

Thanks Tomasso,
    That is helpful.
    It has been so long since i played, i am going to have to re-learn everything, but I will refer back to your comment.

• scoring runs during play?   5 weeks 4 days ago

If during play all 4 cards in the run are the same suit, do you get extra points beside the run?

• scoring runs during play?   5 weeks 4 days ago

• Out of order runs   5 weeks 5 days ago

okay. so cards laid down are 2,4,5,3,7,6 for a run of 6 for me. If my opponent lays down a 6, does this
    now put a stop to THIS sequence of THIS run?

• Cribbage rules - the scoring   5 weeks 6 days ago

Can you get a flush from pegging? And if so can you get a 4 card flush from pegging. I want to be prepared for the future.

• Cribbage rules - the go   5 weeks 6 days ago
    Go

(Dealer) Me: K,K,Q,J
    Pone: 10, 10, 9, 1
    Played
    10 - K - 10
    Then I said go and pone plays ace for 31
    Then I play
    K - 9 - Q
    Then I get the go
    Do I also get a point for last card J?

• How many 24 hands are there?   6 weeks 8 hours ago

663 = 15 of course and that can be done 6 ways with 4 6's = 12 pts, then you have 6*4 = 12 points giving you 24 pts.

To demonstrate this we have 6-1, 6-2, 6-3, 6-4 and 3
    6-1 + 6-2 + 3 = 15-2
    6-1 + 6-3 + 3 = 15-4
    6-1 + 6-4 + 3 = 15-6
    6-2 + 6-3 + 3 = 15-8
    6-2 + 6-4 + 3 = 15-10
    6-3 + 6-4 + 3 = 15-12

• Please score this for me   6 weeks 10 hours ago

Yes! Four different ways of making 9+4+2=15, and the two pairs.

• scoring runs during play?   6 weeks 10 hours ago

Are you listing the cards played in order? Then...
    5 = 5
    6 = 11
    4 = 15 for 5 (15-2 + run of 3)
    7 = 22 for 4
    8 = 30 for 5
    At this point you cannot play a 5 because it would bring the count over 31.

If you listed the cards in reverse order, then:
    8 = 8
    7 = 15 for 2
    4 = 19
    6 = 25
    5 = 30 for 5 (the last 5 cards make a 5-run, order doesn't matter)

• Please score this for me   6 weeks 10 hours ago

2+2+3+4+2 = 13, so no points for fifteens are scored.

You have three runs of 3, that's 3x3=9.
    Your three of a kind is three distinct pairs, for 3x2=6.

Total 15 points.

• scoring runs during play?   6 weeks 10 hours ago

By all means. You score 15-2, plus 1 for last card.

• Please score this for me   6 weeks 10 hours ago

Not a flush. Must all 4 be in your hand. The crib must be all 5 cards to be worth anything.

• Please score this for me   6 weeks 11 hours ago

There are no 15s. So:
    A run of 2-3-4=3
    A 2nd run of 2-3-4=3
    A 3rd run of 2-3-3=3
    3 of a kind (2s)= 6
    Score 15

• Cribbage rules - the play   6 weeks 12 hours ago

How are there 'inner fifteens' when the count is at 20, 25 and 30? You are trying to count your hand and peg at the same time. Those are two VERY distinct and separate operations. Do not confuse to two and do not do them together. After you are done pegging then count your hand.

• nobs in your crib   6 weeks 12 hours ago

The official rules of cribbage can be found at cribbage.org (American Cribbage Congress) Having the jack of the same suit as the turn card is used both in the hand and in the crib. There is ONLY ONE scoring difference between hands and cribs and that is with flushes. In the hand only the 4 cards in your had have to be the same suit. In the crib all five cards including the turn card HAVE to be the same suit to count the flush. Aside from that both cribs and hands are scored exactly the same way!

• "corners" on the cribbage board   6 weeks 12 hours ago

Tommaso please refer to the official cribbage rules at cribbage.org. Several of your statements here are incorrect. There is no "last card played". A "last card played" is simply a Go and the player who played it gets a point. Also hitting 31 exactly is easier to understand that the Go is included in the 31. This site has dozens of questions in it about hitting 31 "on the nose" by playing the last card. So does that person get 3 points? You see the way you phrase it, they would get 3 points. If you hit 15-2 on the last card, do you not also get 3? Please refer to cribbage.org for the official rules of cribbage.

• Please score this for me   6 weeks 12 hours ago

Claude are you asking if this is a run for four points? That would be correct.

• Please score this for me   6 weeks 12 hours ago

This is a triple run with no 15's. Triple runs are always 15 without fifteens. 3 runs of 3 (9) plus trips (6). Always equals 15 unless fifteens are counted.

• Please score this for me   6 weeks 12 hours ago